Long Way Expeditions Projects
In our community we have a numbers of women who are single parents due to the different reasons ,mainly deaths of their husbands , being left to raise their are children this situation have left them to leave in extremely poverty. As the locals, the team long way expeditions we donate high milk yielding breeds cows to these families .A woman is responsible for its care and managed under zero grazing.
This project have the general objective of improving the quality of life of women in our community and their children.
Three families have started a collective member, usually a reliable man with a boda boda a famous name for the motorbike, undertakes to transport and market milk in urban center at a fair cost. Usually a cow can produce 8-15 litters of milk per day, these families agree to market their milk collectively. Usually the morning milk is sold using this arrangement while the afternoon milk is sold to local customers.
We are supporting tree planting project at Usambara Mountain which involve the school children from 7 years to 14 years to raise awareness of taking care of their environment and how the cut down trees would have a negative impact to the wildlife and future generation
For the tree planting project like the friends of Usambara mountains
the clients are able to participate in planting trees together with
the school children, also they can buy trees from the village trees
nursery and donate to the project.
We are supporting on the big campaign on getting rid of use of plastic bags.
We also avoid a lot of printing, and for bookings and other related
issues with paper we try to do online in order to avoid printing a
lot and hence saving trees!
In Tanzania where our office is the major source of power is hydroelectricity, which need a lot of water, but we are in a Tropical Country where the sun is throughout the year. In our office we use solar system to avoid the much wasted water from Hydroelectricity.
Long Way Expeditions we are working with a local Training Institute called Action Training Institute, whereby the girls who were rejected by their parents or guardians after got pregnancy are studying in this institute with their children. We give them opportunities of internship in our company. We also help them to get a jobs in lodges and hotels which are our business partner.
Most lodges and hotels we take our clients buy food, fruits, and vegetable from the local markets owned by small business entrepreneurs which help to raise individual economy and community in general.
Every year Team Long Way Expeditions we donate women pads for the schools girls in remote schools areas. This has been the big problem which cause school girls to miss their studies for a week in every month hence effect a lot of girl’s academic performance in general. This is because many families do not afford to buy the pads for their girls.
Social and culture
- With regard to your own social behavior, it is important to be aware of the local community’s culture and traditions and to respect local etiquette. We would hope that all our clients intend a cultural exchange during their visit to learn more about the host community. We suggest that…
- Ask before you want to take a picture of an individual except when you’re in the game drive
- Greetings with hand shake is much appreciated
- People are very shy some time they can avoid eyes contact is normal for the local here.
- Team long Way Expeditions we support the local soccer team for both boys and girls under 14, knowing that sports can generates employments, we support these team in terms of sport kits and coaching expenses.
- These young talents if they are well nurtured they will become great players of their clubs and our National team as well in the nearer future